Makes 4 Servings
228 calories, 18.6g carbohydrates, 10g fat, 15.4g protein
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ¼ onion, grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 6 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grate zucchini and onion onto a dishcloth, paper towel or cheesecloth and wring out as much moisture as possible.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg whites and whole eggs together.
- Combine zucchini, onion and eggs to dry ingredients.
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the mixture into four portions, and pour/spread each portion onto the waffle iron (does not have to be the shape of Texas but is extra cool when it is 😊).
- Close iron and cook until steam comes out and the waffle is cooked through.
- Top with salsa if desired.