Summer is the perfect time for potato salad, and this month’s recipe is a delicious twist on the classic dish.
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 4.5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 170 mg
What You Need
1 ½ pounds of small, yellow potatoes, rinsed clean and sliced in half
½ tablespoon olive oil
2 cups snow peas, string removed
¼ small red onion (about 2 tablespoons, diced)
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with ½ tablespoon olive oil and roast for about 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. While potatoes are roasting, bring water to boil in stockpot and blanch snow peas for one minute. Rinse under cold water immediately. Pat dry.
3. To make dressing, whisk together olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, combine roasted potatoes, snow peas, and red onion.
5. Add dressing; toss well. This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Registered and licensed dietitians Alexa Sparkman and Anne Wilfong can provide reliable, objective nutrition information, separate facts from fads, and translate the latest scientific findings into easy-to-understand nutrition information. For more information about their nutrition counseling practice, contact Alexa or Anne at 512.257.0898 or SparkmanNutrition.com