This month’s featured recipe highlights Scooby Stew, a meal for your pup that will leave them satisfied and healthy.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 2 large chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each), cut into medium cubes
- 2 pounds frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook and cool the brown rice separately.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into medium cubes.
- Warm a Dutch oven on the stove, and sauté the pre-diced chicken breast, add the sweet potato and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables, and place a lid on the Dutch oven. Put the Dutch oven in the oven.
- All the chicken and veggies should braise in the oven for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove the food from the oven, shred the chicken with a fork and add the pre-cooked brown rice.
- Allow the food to cool, and serve as needed.