235 calories, 24.3 carbohydrates, 6.7 fat, 19.3 protein without rice
347 calories, 48.3 carbohydrates, 7.5 fat, 21.5 protein with ¾ cup brown rice
2- 8oz packages tempeh, cut into strips
2 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
1 medium zucchini, diced
2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin in ribbons
4.5 oz match stick carrots
1 cup snow peas, cut in half
1 small red onion, sliced in thin moons
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 cup cauliflower, riced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil, separated
¼ cup coconut aminos plus ¼ cup for marinating
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Prepared Brown Rice
- Cut tempeh into strips and marinate for 30 minutes to four hours.
- Heat ½ tbsp sesame oil over medium heat in large skillet. Lay marinated tempeh strips around pan. Sear until golden on all sides (2 to 3 min per side). Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat second ½ tbsp sesame oil in skillet. Drop in garlic and ginger and allow to heat until fragrant (30 seconds to 1 min).
- Add onion and sauté until it starts to soften (1 to 2 min). Add all other vegetables to the pan. Stir and mix until the color of the broccoli becomes bright, the carrots soften and the red cabbage ribbons become flexible (4 to 6 minutes).
- Add the coconut aminos and stir all together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in tempeh and cook in another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with or without brown rice.