Our team brainstormed what we typically bring for an adventure in the great outdoors, and most people said they pack sandwiches for hiking, picnics and boat days, which is why we went that route.
Below is a chicken pesto sandwich that’s easy to bring places and will give you the energy boost you need for whatever outdoor endeavor. The sandwich is also sold at Cannon + Belle.
- 4 ounces of pulled chicken
- 1 ounce of pesto
- 1 ounce of aioli
- ½ ounce of arugula
- 1 each roasted Roma tomato cut in half
- 1 each ciabatta bread
- Cut the ciabatta bread in half and toast each side.
- Spread aioli on both halves of your toasted ciabatta, and place arugula and roasted tomatoes on the bottom half of the bread.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pulled chicken and pesto, and place the mixture on top of the tomatoes.
- Put the mixture on the top piece of your toasted ciabatta, cut your sandwich in half and enjoy!