2 cups sweet cornbread, bits and pieces
1 cup whole milk
5 slices crispy bacon, finely chopped
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until very smooth.
2. Warm in a small saucepan over a low heat.
*Pass through a fine sieve for a smoother sauce
1 can cranberry sauce
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
½ tsp cinnamon, ground
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Over medium heat, reduce the mixture by a quarter or until it slightly thickens.
1 slice savory bread pudding
½ cup fennel, shaved
2 breakfast sausage patties
1 slice smoked cheddar
¼ cup cornbread bacon gravy or peanut cranberry glaze
1. Saute the fennel in a skillet on a medium heat. Slightly toast a slice of the bread pudding.
2. Assemble the sandwich by placing the fennel on the bread pudding slice, followed by the sausage patties and smoked cheddar.
3. Place in the oven with the broker on until the cheese is just melted. Cover with either the cranberry peanut butter sauce or the cornbread bacon gravy.
5 cups leftover garlic bread, cubed
½ cup butter, melted
4 whole eggs
6 slices leftover turkey breast, torn into smaller pieces
½ cup milk
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut bread into cubes, then coat in butter and then allow to toast in the oven up to 10 minutes. Stir as necessary so all sides of the cubes get nice and toasted; set aside in a large bowl.
3. Whisk eggs in a small bowl, and then add beaten eggs, turkey, herbs, cheese, milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to bowl with toasted bread cubes in it. Stir until combined.
4. Add mixture to a ceramic loaf pan, then bake covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes.