3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
½ medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cooked veggies, finely diced
1 ½ cups cooked brown rice (or other grain)
¾ cup breadcrumbs, whole wheat flour, or cornmeal
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1. Sauté onions in 1 teaspoon olive oil on medium high for 7 minutes, or until translucent.
2. Add garlic and cook for another 3–5 minutes on medium.
3. Meanwhile, combine vegetables, rice, cumin, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl.
4. Add sautéed onions and garlic and mix to combine.
5. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet. Shape ¼ cup of the mixture into a small patty and place in the pan to fry. Brown on each side, flipping carefully one at a time.
6. Serve and enjoy!