Ask Sam Now
Have a question for Sam? AskSam@austinfitmagazine.com
Sam, I run road races for fun and would like to try trail racing this spring. Do I really need to buy trail shoes?
Initially, taking it to the trails for a couple of easy treks in your running shoes may be just fine. Truly, it depends on the terrain. It is worth the money to invest in a trail shoe if you’ll be venturing onto uneven trails, challenging surfaces, and steep climbs and descents. Know that a trail shoe will feel different from your running shoe.
Head to one of Austin’s running stores like Rogue Running or Austin Trail Running Company to try on a few pairs to compare. Think stability, traction, protection, and comfort.
Sam, how do I know if she is faking?
Dear Bare and Unaware,
Take a long, hard (pun-intended) look at your relationship. Knowing if her “O” is faux begins with communication. Talk before, during, and after sex. If you can’t communicate genuine intimacy and true desires, then maybe you shouldn’t be between the sheets.
Your Woman has a True Climax If one or More Things Happen
1. She’s out of breath. It might seem like she is speaking (or screaming) in tongues as broken words fall off her lips. She will lose focus, and her body may go limp. Her pupils can become dilated and she may even cry.
2. You can feel her pulsating quickly or see her abdomen spasm. Even her anus will contract continuously.
3. Her clitoris will be very sensitive—too sensitive to touch. She may push your hand or member away.
4. She is wet...and not only where you’re probably thinking. The most intense, pleasurable orgasm leaves a lady sweaty and glistening in the creases of her elbows, knees, between her breasts, and at the small of her back.
If none of this is happening, then we have a whole new question to address!
Sam, how much water do I need to drink daily? Does my coffee count? How about my Topo Chico?
Good news! Coffee does count towards hydration. WebMD has debunked the myth that it is dehydrating. On top of that, you can keep your tight relationship with your Topo, because it counts toward daily hydration as well.
Definitely hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate! Water promotes cardiovascular goodness, supple skin, muscle and joint efficiency, and helps the body flush out toxins and fat byproducts. It’s been proven to balance your moods and emotions as well as enhance your brain function.
The common recommendation by docs, nutritionists, personal trainers, and coaches is 64 ounces a day or to drink half your weight in ounces (i.e. 60 ounces if you weigh 120 pounds). However, you should likely increase this amount if you are active, sweat a lot, or are trying to lose weight.
Quick Tricks for Those Who Struggle to Hydrate
1. Drink about eight to 16 ounces of water with electrolytes or fresh lemon before your morning cup of java.
2. Add fresh-squeezed lemon or lime, mint leaves, tangerines, and/or cucumbers to your water.
3. Fill up a 40-ounce water bottle after breakfast and finish it before lunch. Do it again between lunch and dinner. Cheers!