You want to fit a morning workout in before work, but don’t have enough time to go through a full shower, followed by blow drying and styling your hair. Or you’re trying to hit the gym before heading to happy hour, but don’t want to meet your girlfriends looking like a hot mess. Many active women are far too familiar with this dilemma. There may be only a quick half hour for a body rinse in the shower and to manage your hair. But, no longer will you have to worry about the sacrifice of great hair in exchange for a workout.
To help make the transition easier, Priv elite hairstylist Emily Hedicke demonstrates three easy styles using her favorite hair products.
1. Spray roots with dry shampoo. It’s even better to get a dry shampoo that matches your hair color.
2. Add some play powder to add texture.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY KEVIN GARNER
1. Pull the hair to the side and split in half.
2. Take one section from one side and bring it to the other. Then take a section from the other side and bring to the other. Repeat back and forth.
3. Tie a rubber band in inch below the last section. In the seam of the braid start separating to add volume to your hair.
1. Put the top layer of your hair in a small ponytail, pull out to expand and add volume.
2. Grab the next layer including the tail of first layer, pull out to add volume.
3. Then bring the rest of the hair into a ponytail, keep pulling out to desired volume.
1. Put hair in a high pony.
2. Split in two sections, literally knot the hair twice.
3. Bring down and twist around the hair tie. Secure with bobby pins.
Finish with a light of hairspray.