What You Need
¼ cup olive oil
4 filets of mahi mahi, 6 ounces each
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
½ cup green olives, pitted and cut in half
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons capers, drained
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
½ cup dry white wine
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon oregano
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Have glass baking dish ready.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions to pan and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Deglaze pan with wine and cook for 1 minute before adding tomatoes, capers, olives, oregano, bay leaves, and remaining olive oil. Simmer for an additional 12 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon a small amount of the sauce in the bottom of the glass dish and spread evenly. Place the fish side by side in the glass dish on top of the layer of sauce.
5. Top with remaining sauce and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
6. Serve hot. If desired, serve with something to soak up all of that tasty sauce, such as crusty bread, brown rice, or a baked sweet potato.