Having a buddy is always better, especially when it allows you to save a few bucks. Whether you desire to make family time more active or are looking to get fit with your friends, these gyms in Austin make attaining your goals with those you are close to more attainable with group and family memberships.
CRUX — Crew Membership
Crux Climbing Center believes a major component of climbing is community and their goal is to have a hub for Austin climbers, new or experienced, to gather in a community, learning and teaching one another. To encourage community, Crux offers both yearly memberships and monthly drafts for people who want to create a group membership. They have two locations, one in central Austin and one in south Austin. Both locations offer strength and yoga classes, climbing classes and a fitness area with strength training equipment.
- 2 person
- Save $25 per person when you purchase a $1250 2 person, crew, paid-in-full year membership over an individual paid-in-full year membership.
- Save $3 a person on a 2 person monthly membership
- 3+ people
- 1 year paid-in-full membership for a crew of 5 is $563 per person compared to a $650 individual paid-in-full membership
- For a 5 person monthly drafting crew membership pay $58 per person compared to $67 individual monthly membership
Austin Bouldering Project — Membership
Located off Airport on Springdale road, signing up for a membership at ABP includes community. If you are interested in taking up a new hobby with your kiddo, ABP offers family memberships which you can sign up for at the gym. In addition to climbing areas, ABP has a fitness area, yoga studio and weight lifting. New to climbing? ABP also offers classes for youth and adults who are looking to increase their skill level.
- Parent and youth membership monthly: $115 (additional member $40)
- Parent and youth annual: $1,200 (additional member ($420)
Hill Country Indoor – Membership
Located in Bee Cave, this multi-level sports and fitness facility offers something for the whole family to enjoy HCI offers a turf field, courts, a fitness center and an indoor track for members to use for their own purposes as well as group studio classes including Barre, Yoga, Pilates Spin, Boxing, Cardio classes and more. Drop the kiddos off at either the Clubhouse or the Cube, play spaces for kids to be active and stay entertained while you’re getting a workout in. Additionally, HCI offers many programs for youth members including summer camps, field trips and indoor recreation classes.
- Base membership monthly includes complimentary KidCare ages 6 months – 4 years with add-on memberships with a maximum of 2 adults on a membership: $110
- Family membership includes child care 6 months – 12 years. Up to 2 adults and 3 kids with add ons available: $245
Austin YMCA – Y Membership
Joining the YMCA of Austin means members have access to all eight locations around the greater-Austin area as well as any YMCA in the U.S.. With a wide variety of programs to keep children to seniors healthy and moving, this local gym will keep you and your family connected to each other and the community.
- Monthly Family Membership Includes 2 adults and all children under 23 in the same household: $82
- Monthly One Adult Family includes one adult and children under 23 in the same household: $72
- Couple includes two adults in the same household: $76
South Austin Gym – Programs
Located off Manchaca road, South Austin Gym offers a full weight room and exercise/cardio machines, a training facility for boxing and martial arts as well as a full-size boxing ring. With a focus in martial arts and self defense, both adults and children can enjoy learning various martial arts, boxing and kickboxing skills with classes and personal training.
- KICKSTART session for adults or kids: $59
Castle Hill Fitness – Memberships
CHF offers many amenities for couples who are interested in achieving their fitness goals together. With complete workout pods that include equipment, sanitizing supplies and other PPE to ensure safety at the gym, these areas will keep you distanced from others so you can focus on working out. Additionally, CHF has a pool and hot tub, a eucalyptus steam room, a dry sauna and on-site childcare for those with kiddos.
- Couples and families can save 10% when signing up for monthly memberships
Bear Creek Performance Training – http://bearcreekperformancetraining.com/
For the kids, Bear Creek Performance Training offers programs that focus on form and technique to improve overall athletic performance. Additionally, half of what you spend on this program go to different nonprofits that help care for underprivileged children. For adults, Bear Creek offers one-on-one personal training to completely personalize a program that fits you well. You can also join group fitness classes when you can find accountability with your workout buddy.
- Youth program: $160 per month or 10 card punch pass for $250