1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
3 medium zucchini/summer squash, cut lengthwise and then crosswise into semicircles
½ onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3 ears fresh corn or 1 ½ cups frozen corn
2 jalapeños, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
½ teaspoon sugar
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté zucchini/summer squash, onion, and garlic, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: To remove corn from the cob, stand an uncooked ear of corn on its stem end in a shallow bowl or casserole dish and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. If making a soup, after cutting off the kernels, you can reverse the knife and use the dull side to press down the length of the ear to push out the rest of the corn and its milk.