Austin loves Halloween. The decorations, the haunted houses, the trick-or-treating, and especially the costumes! And if any of you are like myself, then you still have NO idea what you are going to don this year. Well worry not Austinites, we've managed to compile a list of the best fitness-inspired costumes that are sure to make you stand out (not promising in a good way).
1. Anthony Davis – Davis made a name for himself in this past season of collegiate basketball, and if you've got a jersey and an eyebrow pencil you could master his look for Halloween! Davis even trademarked his unibrow sayings "Fear The Brow" and "Raise The Brow" in June 2012.
2. Brian Wilson – Black Beard, er, we mean Brian Wilson, would certainly make a great costume this year, especially considering the Giants' amazing performance lately. Can you grow a burly man beard in a matter of days? Then this is definitely the costume for you!
3. Bruce Lee – One of the most influential martial artists of all time, Bruce Lee would make one B.A. Halloween costume. If you've got a bod like this, it would be a crime not to dress up as a (shirtless) Bruce Lee.
4. Jillian Michaels – Most widely known for her role in "Biggest Loser", Jillian Michaels is a renowned personal trainer and fitness icon. Her costume should be pretty easy, just wear fitness gear and yell at everyone you pass to do 10 push-ups.
5. Michael Phelps – What can we really say about Michael Phelps? The biggest challenge of this costume would be finding 22 medals to haul around your neck all night, but hey, that's the price you pay to be the most decorated Olympian of ALL TIME!
6. Richard Simmons – Ahh Richard, we sure miss 'Sweatin' to the Oldies' with you back in the day! Whatever happened to the oh-so-flamboyant Richard Simmons? For this costume we recommend you dig out your leotard and short shorts and get ready to sweat!
7.Roller Derby Girl (or guy) – An underground sport that was recently brought to light by the movie "Whip It", roller derby would be an extra fun costume (mostly because you get to wear skates). You can even draw some inspiration from Austin's very own Rollergirls!
8. Ryan Lochte – Bust out your grill and sparkly personalized sneakers for your Ryan Lochte getup this year! If you really want to go big just add a semi-inappropriate t-shirt and an American flag, it should all go quite nicely with your Speedo!
9. Tony Horton – All those painful post-P90X mornings you've had? Yeah you can this guy for that. Tony Horton is responsible for the at-home DVD fitness program P90X. Now you don't have 90 days to prepare for this costume, but maybe a quick juice cleanse and P90X shirt will do the trick!
10. U.S. Women's Gymnastics Team – This sassy team of ladies would make a great group costume. Gather up some medals and a smirky McKayla and your group will be a "10" for sure!