Pop Tart Dough
2 cups flour
½ tsp. salt
3 Tbs. sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter
4 Tbs. cold water
1. Pulse and combine the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor.
2. Add the butter and pulse until the dough resembles coarse sand, then add the water in slowly.
3. When the dough comes together, remove. Wrap in a tea towel and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
4. Form the pop tart by rolling the dough out very thin and using a 6”x4” stencil to cut out 4 rectangles.
5. Place a teaspoon of filling on two of the rectangles and cover with the remaining two. Crimp the edges with a fork.
6. Place in a 425 Fahrenheit oven for 7 mins, allow to cool and spread the icing.
1 egg white
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. In an electric stand mixer, whip the egg whites on high until frothy.
2. Add the sugar in ¼ cup at a time at a slower speed, the return to high once all incorporated.
3. In about 5 minutes the mixture should be forming stiff peaks and shiny. Use immediately.
*To flavor, add a teaspoon of matcha powder or pecan syrup (recipe online).
2 cups grapefruit juice
3 cups Sugar
1. Cut the grapefruit into 8 slices then thinly slice. Place in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and drain. Repeat this process 3 times.
2. Combine all ingredient and bring to a strong simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes, or until the bubbles that form are 1/4 inch in diameter consistently throughout.
3. Allow to cool and continue to stir occasionally.
Cinnamon-Basil Pear Filling
1 pear, small diced
1 Tbs. lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbs. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbs. basil, thinly sliced
1. Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan.
2. Stir on a medium heat until mixture slightly thickens.
3. Allow to cool completely before adding to dough.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pecans
Sugar in the Raw, for sprinkling