Prep To Your Door is a time-saving subscription service that offers healthy, 100% organic, gluten-free and plant based, ready-to-eat meals. The meals are sourced primarily from local Texas farms, delivered in sustainable, zero-waste packaging that is later picked up from your home or office to be cleaned, sanitized and reused. To learn more about meal plans, the brand’s zero-waste mission and how to order, visit www.preptoyourdoor.com.
Tempeh Bolognese Lasagna
Serves: 3-4 people
First, make the tempeh crumble. While it’s baking, make the cashew “parmesan” crumble and herbed almond ricotta, and toss the zucchini squash in oil and pepper. Layer each component in a pan in the following order: 2.5 cups seasoned zucchini, 1.5 cups tempeh crumble, 0.5 cup of herbed almond ricotta, 1.5 cups of organic, store-bought or homemade Italian red sauce served hot or cold. Top with cashew “parmesan” crumble with fresh basil and enjoy!
- 1.5 lbs chickpea or soy tempeh
- 5 tablespoons sunflower or another high-heat oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons coconut or soy aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- Use a food processor and PULSE tempeh only — don’t blend!
- Toss tempeh crumble in oil until uniformly coated, and add in remaining ingredients, then toss evenly.
- Lay out in a sheet pan and roast in a 400F degree oven in 10-minute increments, removing from oven each time to stir. **Should take about 30-35 minutes until nicely browned and roasted.**
Herbed Almond Ricotta
- 5 tablespoons almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT fresh basil on high, then STIR IN the chopped fresh basil in the end.
Cashew “Parmesan” Crumble
- 3 tablespoons unsalted cashews
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor to a fine dust. **Make sure to pulse or it will turn into a paste.**
Chop 2.5 cups of zucchini squash and toss with 3 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of pepper.