3 ripe bananas
1. Peel the bananas and cut them into quarter-size coins.
2. Place banana coins into a freezer-safe glass bowl or an airtight freezer bag.
3. Freeze the bananas for 2–3 hours.
4. Remove contents from freezer and place into a blender or food processor.
5. Pulse the banana pieces until smooth or until the consistency is comparable to soft-serve ice cream.
6. Scoop out your “ice cream” and serve!
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s just a blank canvas full of potential variations. Although it’s delicious on its own, I like to drizzle honey on top of my banana ice cream and add a dash of cinnamon. You could drizzle a little bit of chocolate syrup on top or even add coconut flakes. If you want to mix in peanut butter and/or Nutella, add a spoonful to the food processor while there are still a few chunky banana bits left. From there, pulse the food processor until all contents are blended.
Up Next: Dole Whip Pops
1 large fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
1 (12 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup cherries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup tart cherry juice
1. Place pineapple, coconut milk, and lime juice in high-powered blender.
2. Blend until smooth and frothy.
3. Pour mixture into popsicle molds until frozen.
4. Remove and enjoy!
Once pineapple, coconut milk, and lime juice are all blended, remove mixture from blender and set aside. Add cherries and cherry juice to blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached. (I like mine a little bit chunky.) Add cherry mixture to popsicle molds until halfway full. Fill remainder of popsicle molds with the pineapple mixture. Freeze for 3 hours. Remove and enjoy.
Up Next: Watermelon Granita
4 cups seedless watermelon
(cut into chunks)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Juice of 1 large lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Place water, honey, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until honey has completely liquefied. Remove from heat.
2. Place watermelon in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add the slightly cooled honey mixture along with lemon zest and lemon juice to the watermelon. Blend once more until smooth.
4. Pour mixture into a 13×9 dish and place in freezer for 3 hours, or until set in the middle.
5. Use a fork to scrape and shave the watermelon granita mixture into icy chunks.
6. Serve immediately.