Omelets are not only for breakfast; they can be a quick protein-rich dinner to serve when preparation time is short.
Fat 9 g
Carbohydrate 4 g
Fiber 1 g
Sodium 260 mg
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup Swiss chard, thinly sliced
1/2 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon avocado, diced
1 tablespoon shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
2. Whisk together the egg, egg whites, and pepper; set aside.
3. When the skillet is hot, coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Sauté Swiss chard and tomato for 30 seconds or until chard is wilted. Remove from pan and set aside. Wipe pan out, recoat with cooking spray, and place back on cook top.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and, as the egg is cooking, use a spatula to lift the edges and allow the uncooked egg to flow to the bottom.
6. Add diced avocado, Swiss chard, Roma tomato, and cheese to top of omelet.
7. Fold over the omelet and cook until cheese is melted.
8. Serve immediately.
Makes approximately: 1 omelet
Serving Size: 1 omelet