A Better Brunch: Alpine Muesli
You worked hard all week and a break is finally in sight. But don’t let a single sitting of pancakes derail your discipline. This weekend, make yourself a better brunch.
ALPINE MUESLI Serves 8
- 1 ¼ cups uncooked, quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 ½ cups grated apples
- 2 cups mixed fresh fruit, such as peaches, pears, chopped
- 1 cup fresh berries
In a large bowl, combine oats, milk, yogurt and vanilla. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, chopped nuts, and honey. Add grated apple, chopped fruit, and berries. Fold into yogurt mixture. Serve chilled.
Per serving (1 cup): 290 calories; 45 g carb; 8 g protein; 6 g fiber; 10 g fat