Goat Cheese Cake
photo by Brian Fitzsimmons
This dessert uses coconut palm sugar which has a lower glycemic impact than cane sugar, as well as an offering of more vitamins. The goat cheese is also easier on the digestive system and lower in calories so we can indulge in a romantic dessert and maintain the physique we’ve worked so hard to achieve.
What You Need
2 cup 365 Everyday Value Vanilla Sandwich Crèmes, crushed to crumbs
6 tbsp butter, melted
12 oz goat cheese, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
½ tsp salt
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 chocolate-dipped strawberries
How to Make It
1. Heat oven to 300 Fahrenheit. Combine butter and cookie crumbs, reserving ¼ cup for garnish.
2. In a martini glass, place 1 ½ oz of the cookie mixture and pack it tightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until it becomes a golden brown color. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the goat and cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Turn the mixer down to a low setting and slowly add the sugar and salt, then the eggs and yolk one at a time.
4. Add the vanilla extract and mix on medium for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the cheese mixture to the martini glass and fill until two-thirds full. Bake for 15-20 minutes keeping a close eye to avoid any browning.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature. Line the rim of the glass with cookie crumbs and top with a chocolate-covered strawberry. Enjoy!