Caramelized Cauliflower Curry with Creamy Polenta
Try this tasty, healthy recipe
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 head of cauliflower
½ large onion, finely sliced
2 ½ teaspoons curry powder
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon low sodium sea salt
½ mango, diced
½ cup roasted unsalted cashew pieces
2 cups water
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened original flavor)
1 cup polenta
1. Bring a large pan to medium heat. Add canola oil to pan.
2. Remove leaves and cut out the core from the cauliflower head. Place cauliflower, bottom down, on the cutting board and slice vertically into two-inch slices.
3. Lay slices flat side down in the pan. Cook for ten minutes or until the cooking side becomes golden brown.
4. Flip cauliflower to the uncooked side and add onion to the pan.
5. While cauliflower and onion are cooking for another ten minutes, add curry powder, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, garlic, and low sodium sea salt.
6. When both sides of the cauliflower are browned and softened, begin to break up the cauliflower with your spoon or fork. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, to incorporate all the spices into the cauliflower and onion.
7. Add diced mango and cashews pieces once you are ready to serve the finished dish.
1. Combine water and almond milk together in a pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Add polenta to the boiling liquid, making sure to stir rapidly to minimize clumps.
3. Cover pot and turn down to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes until tender.
I like to put the polenta on the bottom of a bowl and top it with the curried cauliflower. Enjoy!
To try more of Weber-Gale’s recipes and food tips, visit Athletic Foodie.