Prep for Ski Fun
By Diane Vives, M.S., C.S.C.S., N.S.C.A.-C.P.T., F.M.S.
(page 4 of 4)
Diagonal Box Jumps
Purpose: Develop lower body power endurance as well as good deceleration with the diagonal angles associated with downhill skiing.
- Start on a low box facing forward and standing tall.
- Use a quick counter movement into triple flexion of the lower body to load the lower body, and then quickly jump keeping the feet hip-width apart while rotating the body 45 degrees to the box.
- Jump back onto the box facing forward using a counter movement and jump.
- Perform the same movement in the opposite direction.
- 5 repetitions on each side.