Prep for Ski Fun
By Diane Vives, M.S., C.S.C.S., N.S.C.A.-C.P.T., F.M.S.
(page 3 of 4)
Skiers on Stability Ball
Purpose: Perform movement that emphasizes the controlled dissociation of the upper and lower body while in a tuck position.
- Start by using a push-up position with the ball under your thighs, then tuck your knees toward your chest to get into the start position.
- Slow and controlled, roll the lower body as one unit so that the surface of your upper legs are in contact with the ball.
- Decelerate using the muscular control of the torso and make sure to maintain your shoulders level with the ground.
- Avoid over-rotating or separating the legs.
- Pull your legs back under your hips to return to start and then rotate in the opposite direction.
- Your head and the center of your torso stay in line during rotation of the lower body.
- 10-12 repetitions on each side