Prep for Ski Fun
By Diane Vives, M.S., C.S.C.S., N.S.C.A.-C.P.T., F.M.S.
(page 2 of 4)
Single Arm/Single Leg Lat Pull
Purpose: Improve single leg stability and core control while performing a straight arm pulling motion.
- Start in a single leg stance holding the band in the opposite hand with palm facing down.
- Perform a single-leg-power position by reaching back with the hips while simultaneously performing a straight-arm pull until your arm is in line with your torso.
- Keep your chest up and eyes forward.
- Return to start by extending the lower body and returning your arm to the start position under control and while maintaining balance.
- 10-12 repetitions on each side