FML Workout: AMRAP
performed by Amid Archibald at Castle Hill Fitness
Photography by Brian Fitzsimmons
AMRAP stands for “as many rounds/reps as possible.” In these workouts, you have the option of setting a timer for a fixed amount of time and going through the sequence as many times as you can, or you can perform these movements until failure.
Set-up: Start with both knees on the ground, torso upright, external rotation of the shoulder, legs shoulder-width distance, core and glutes engaged.
1. Keep arms in front, bring one leg up at a time transitioning into a squat position.
2. Hold your hands out at chest height then explode upwards bringing your knees up towards your chest.
3. Quickly descend into a squat position.
4. Bring one knee down at a time to the ground back to starting position. Repeat.
Set-up: Glutes on the ground, arms and legs at a 90-degree angle.
1. Using your triceps and core, execute upward and reach for the opposite leg with your arms—left arm to right leg.
2. Drop back down SLOWLY to the start position and execute again upward and reach for the opposite leg again—this time right arm to left leg.
Set-up: Forearm plank position: elbows under shoulders, arms parallel to the body, and shoulder-width distance. Ground the toes into the floor, keep the core engaged, and engaged the glutes.
1. Engage your inner thighs. Press your body up to a push-up position and then lower yourself back down into the plank.
2. Hold the plank for 3 seconds and repeat.
Set-up: Stand upright with both feet close together and glutes engaged placing your hands in front of you.
1. Begin this explosive movement by flexing your knees and hips, sitting back with your hips slamming both feet on the ground.
2. Quickly reverse the motion until you return to the starting position. Repeat.
Body Head Bangers
Set-up: Start in a push-up position arms and legs shoulder-width.
1. Keeping your chest up, bring one leg forward flexing the knee and clap under your legs at the same time.
2. Quickly reverse the motion until you return to start position.
3. REPEAT. This is a quick and explosive exercise.
Side Skater w/ Med Ball
Start in a small squat position.
1.Jump sideways to the left, landing on your left leg.
2. Bring your right leg behind to your left ankle, and don't let it touch the floor.
3. Reverse direction by jumping to the right with your right leg. Repeat.
Target Wall Ball w/ Bands
Set-up: Start in a deep squat position with med ball at chest height
1. Drive through your heels on the way up, using inner thigh and hips and toss the ball up to the target
2. Catch it on the rebound, squat again and repeat.